SPCAA Newsletter - December 2018
We would like to bring you the following news and annoucements:
1. Notice of Annual General Meeting 2018
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of St. Paul's College Alumni Association for 2018 will be held on 15 December 2018 (Saturday) at 4.00pm at 1/F, Wong Ming Him Hall, St. Paul's College, 69 Bonham Road, Hong Kong. The agenda is as follows :
1. Confirmation of the minutes of the last AGM
2. Chairman's Report
3. Hon. Treasurer's Report
4. Appointment of Honorary Auditor
5. Election of Committee Members
Only a registered member can vote at the AGM. Any alumnus receiving this email is a registered member.
For those alumni who wish to stand as a candidate for the election of the committee members, a nomination form will be available on SPCAA's website (www.alumni.org.hk) on 26 November 2018. Please submit the nomination between 26 November to 2 December 2018. Submission channels will be mentioned on the nomination form.
Proxy form of the AGM will be available on 4 December 2018 after the completion of the nomination of the committee election. For those who would like to appoint a proxy, please visit SPCAA's website or contact Ms. Priscilla Fan (9491 9668 / firstname.lastname@example.org) after 4 December for a copy of proxy form.
2. Passing of Dr Lee Kwok Huen (Class of 1967)
The SPCAA is sorry to inform you that Dr Lee Kwok Huen (class of 1967) has passed away on 22 November 2018. Funeral will take place on 10 December at: 世界殯儀舘地下敬禮堂. There will be a memorial service at 7.30pm.
On 11 December, there will be a morning service which starts at 10am. A coach will bring the guests to the crematoria.
3. SPC Principal's Cup Basketball Match
The annual 'Alumni vs Staff' basketball match is coming up in December.
Date: 20 December 2018 (Thursday)
Venue: SPC's Lower Playground
For enquiries, please contact Alan Chiu at 9837 0692 or Billy Yu at 6195 5201.
4. Blood Donation Day
The annual Blood Donation Day will be held on 20 December 2018 from 10am to 4pm at the School Hall.
Thank you for your generous support for the College and the Hong Kong Red Cross.
5. Visit to the Civil Aviation Department
A visit for alumni and families to the Civil Aviation Department on 12th January 2019 (Saturday).
Please meet on Tung Fai Road, Hong Kong Airport, at 9.30am.
Alumni may each bring up to 3 family members or 1 friend along. It is suggested that any child joining this visit should be aged 10 or above.
There are 40 spots in total. For enrolment, please Whatsapp to Wilson Tan at 9872 6750.
For enquiries, please contact Wilson Tan, or Philip Yeung at 9209 9752.
6. Hiring of Fundraising Project Manager
For the St Paul's Campus Enhancement Project, we very much like to encourage interested and experienced alumni to consider applying for this full-time position.
Fundraising Project Manager
for St. Paul's College Campus Enhancement Project
1. To support the Fundraising Committee, by heading the effort of coming up with proposals about timeline, fundraising channels, publicity, manpower and expenditure, for the consideration of the Committee
2. To be ultimately responsible for the execution of decisions made by the Committee
3. To co-ordinate resources available for the exercise, including but not limited to the Fundraising Office, alumni and parents volunteers, full-time, part-time and consultancy support, and college staff
4. To manage the day-to-day operations of the exercise, including but not limited to answering internal and external enquiries, managing social media platforms, and making sure that timelines are met
5. To be one of the public faces of the project, including but not limited to updating stakeholders about construction and fundraising progress and making the fundraising "asks", in cooperation with College Council members, Fundraising Committee, Principal, Foundation Secretary, alumni and parents
For more information about the project, please visit: https://lnkd.in/fM6Vqub
Please contact Francis Hon (email@example.com) for a discussion about this job opening
7. New Year Dinner Gathering 2019 - San Francisco Bay Area
The annual holiday dinner will be held on Saturday, 19 January, 2019 (6.00 - 9.00pm). The location of the event is yet to be determined. Prof Pui-Yan Kwok MD PhD (Class of 73) will join us and will give us a glimpse into his current research at UCSF. Please contact Frederick Wong (Class of 88) for more details if you are interested in joining.
8. Simon's Happy Hour (December 2018)
It’s again the end of year, a brilliant time to gather and enjoy festive vibes.
Date: 11 December 2018 (Tuesday)
Starts at 7.00pm
Address: Grappa’s Cellar, Basement 1, Jardine House, ,1 Connaught Place, Central
With best regards,
Honorary Secretary, SPCAA